Defense Minister Reznikov fuels change talk, tells Zelenskyy he's open to fresh brief

28.08.2023, 19:48
Defense Minister Reznikov fuels change talk, tells Zelenskyy he's open to fresh brief - Photo

If President Volodymyr Zelenskyy now offers him another position, he will "gladly" accept it, Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said during a press conference on Monday, which was attended by a LIGA.net journalist.

"He knows for sure that I didn't ask for this position – on the contrary, I refused him this appointment. He knows exactly how much and what I have done. He knows for sure that if he asks, if he assigns some other project that is important in his opinion, I will gladly agree, because this position is Calvary," said Reznikov.

He also noted that 95% of his communication with Zelenskyy is devoted to the provision of the Defense Forces, the other 5% of conversations are devoted to the future — what the state will do after victory, security architecture, reforms, high-profile cases.

"He sends me every news piece — I give him an explanation, tell him, show him the documents... There is the State Bureau of Investigation, there is National Anti-Corruption Bureau, there is the Security Service of Ukraine. I have a clear conscience," Reznikov stated.

Amid controversies over defense procurement, Reznikov on Friday proposed a wager tied to an ongoing investigation. Reports by Ukrainska Pravda and the Anti-Corruption Action Center alleged that the defense department purchased some 180,000 summer jackets from a Turkish company instead of winter gear, paying a price several times higher than normal.

If you notice a spelling error, select it with the mouse and press Ctrl+Enter.

Comments

Latest news